Saturday, January 2, 2016

God Winks

Today is Day 19 since the wreck on December 15th that almost took my husband Jason's life. Nineteen days that he has been an hour and a half away from our home either in a hospital or rehab center. This afternoon, to get a break away from hospital walls, I took a break and went to Barnes and Noble. Walking in the doors of B&N, I saw this bargain book on the stands there by the door...




I'd never seen this book before but it's called When God Winks At You; How God Speaks Directly To You Through the Power of Coincidence. And I wondered to myself... is it a coincidence that I'm noticing this book on my way in?? Ha!

You see.... I'm not sure anymore that I believe in coincidences since Jason's wreck. I'll be blogging soon about all of the little details that I've learned since the wreck that makes me believe without a shadow of a doubt that there were no coincidences that night. There were no circumstances where anything "just happened." It all falls too perfectly into place. I believe with my whole heart that Jason wasn't supposed to die that night. It wasn't in God's plans... and so He made sure that He put the right people in the right place at the right time with the tools they would need to save Jason's life. God winked at us several times that night and the days following.

Anyways... I bought the book. How could I not? I'm eager to read the "true stories demonstrating that God does communicate with us, making incredible things happen in our lives every single day."

Tell me of a time that a coincidence happened in your life that you KNOW is more than "just" a coincidence. It may just have been a God wink


4 comments:

  1. I ejoyed your post. I have such a hard time writing things. You have such a way with words. Keep it up and you and Jason are in our prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky. When my dad died, there were many coincidences that were not coincidences. My aunt and uncle (my mom's brother) just happened to be on vacation like an hour and a half away. They lived 9 hours away. My sister found out either on her way to church or at church. The people at church gave her like $200 or something so my sister and brother could drive from Illinois to Branson. Our only vehicle was in the shop when I found out. A shop that had been recommended to us by friends. We were supposed to have dinner with those same friends when I found out. It was past 5:00. It turned out that our friends went to church with the people that owned the auto shop. We were able to get our car and not worry about paying until we got back. There may have been more, but those are the main ones I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah, I know exactly what you are talking about. ❤️ http://www.unconventionaldoctorswife.com/2010/08/oh-how-he-loves-you-and-me.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips