Monday, January 13, 2014

Tales of a Potty Training 18 month Old


See this diva??

She's 18 months old.

And we are in the beginning stages of potty training. 

Why so early?

Because we are perfectionists.

Just kidding.

Because I WILL NOT have two kids in diapers!

I WON'T!!

I CAN'T!!

So the other day I left a diaper off of her and just let her go around in pants. The idea was that she'd go pee in her pants, not like the feeling of being wet, and it would help me in this whole potty training thing. I was totally prepared for her to pee her pants. I was making sure she had plenty to drink and I had a timer set to take her to the potty every ten minutes. We had just been to the bathroom where she had NOT gone on her potty... I went into the kitchen to load the dishwasher and she was playing in the living room. All of a sudden it got really quiet. All you mamas know that's a bad thing! So I asked her... "what are you doing?" and she waddles into the kitchen with the front of her pants soaking wet. OH NOOOOO!! I took her straight to her potty, pulled down her wet pants....

... and out dropped a nice big juicy turd. 

*sigh*

Potty training gets put off for another day...

BUT I WILL NOT HAVE TWO KIDS IN DIAPERS!!

Mark my word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips