Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats



So... this happened the other day.

Ok, the other night.

OK... 10:00 at night, whatever!

I blame pregnancy cravings! :)

These are the yummiest and EASIEST to make little morsels of Heaven and in case you don't already know how to make these, I'm going to share the recipe with you. I've been making these for YEARS and it's easy to memorize the recipe because you only need five ingredients, and besides the Rice Krispies (which you need six cups of) everything else is ONE CUP. How easy, right? And really you can whip them up in no time flat. In fact, I made this batch during a commercial while The Bachelor was on. Yeah... seeing skinny girls in bikinis while I'm gaining pregnant weight by the day made me need to make these. Ha!



You'll need:

Light corn syrup (such as Karo)
granulated white sugar
peanut butter
Crisp rice cereal
Chocolate

That's it!



Mmmmmm! Goes really well in the morning for breakfast with a cup of hot coffee!

WHAT? Who eats dessert for breakfast?!?

My older brother used to beg me to make these for him and his buddies when we went to the same college for a while. Uh, yeah I'd be glad to make an awesome dessert and get credit for being great in front of your male college friends, duh! But one time, I made them in the shared kitchen in my dorm... and burned the chocolate chips while I was melting them. Oops. We all know what burned chocolate smells like right?? Yeah... no one appreciated that one. Well, except for my brother and his buddies. :)


So, here it is...  crowd pleasin' (perfect for church potlucks) and cowboy approved...

Recipe:

1.) In a large pot, bring one cup of corn syrup to boil with one cup of sugar. Be careful to watch this step, you do NOT want to burn it (trust me).

2.) As soon as it's boiling, take the pot off of the burner and add one cup of peanut butter. I use creamy but I've also used chunky... it really doesn't matter. Mix it in.

3.) Add six cups of crispy rice cereal and stir it all together mixing it up really well.

4.) Dump it all in to a 9x13 baking dish and press it all nicely into the dish so the top is level and not all uneven.

5.) Melt one cup of chocolate. I use chocolate chips and to be honest... I don't think one cup is enough so I always use the whole bag which is two cups. Heaven, help my hips!

6.) Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the rice krispies pressed into the pan and then step away from it for a while and let the chocolate harden. Or, if you just can't resist.... cut yourself a slice right then and there and eat it warm while the chocolate is still all melty. It's great either way. I know.

Enjoy!!

I've linked this recipe up at:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips