Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What I've Been Doing Today...

Since I'm sure you really care {and for lack of anything else to blog about today...}

Here's what I've been up to today...

First of all... I accidentally turned off my alarm this morning and overslept, thus not waking our six year old up in time and scrambling to get him to school fifteen minutes late... for the first time ever. That kind of set my morning off to a bad start until the hubs brought it to my attention that I was being a bear and not to let oversleeping make me have a whole bad day. So... I decided not to let it. And I'm sure glad I did. Because even though it's like 4 degrees here... we are having a good day!

I've gotten some more done on my quilt...



I've braided my girls hair because she "wants to look like Tangled, mommy!"



I've worked out on my elliptical... trying to stick to a diet/excercise. In fact... last night I started craving Mexican food and this morning when the hubs asked me if I wanted to go to town with him, I fluttered my eyelashes and asked him ever so kindly if we could go get Mexican while we were there. Since he rarely turns me down (except for when I'm watching the Bachelor and ask him if he's going to take me to Costa Rica to see a toucan. His response: "I'll take you to the zoo.") he agreed to go, but then at the last second I decided to have willpower and stick to my diet and not go get Mexican. I'll thank myself for that later.



Instead... I snacked on some green olives



Oh my word. I could eat green olives out of the jar with a spoon. Oops, I just did! Nom Nom. At just 25 calories and 0 carbs per 5 olives... it makes the perfect snacky snack. Just gotta watch that sodium. Ouch. There again though... I'll sweat that off on the elliptical again later. *pops another olive into mouth*

Let's see what else have I done?

After I worked out, I played babies with my girl. The babies are sleeping right now.



It's not been a TOTAL wash of a day though... I did manage to do a load of dishes.



I also worked on lots of preschool workbook pages with my girl.

So now... in a few minutes we will bundle up and brave the 4 degree weather to go get the kids from school. Then it'll be homework and supper. (which, by the way... I don't know what I'm making for supper tonight yet. Oops. That's one of the hard parts of being on a diet for me... feeding my family. But I guess they need to eat.)

and then I'm going to go to the Relay For Life Kick-off Celebration. I'm co-chairing the Enterainment Committee this year with Jason's cousin.

What did YOU do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips