Friday, January 7, 2011

I Should Have Known

I should have known...

... when my husband texted me in the middle of the day wanting to know if I wanted to get a babysitter for tonight.  "Maybe dinner and a movie", says he.

I should have known.

I came home from a day of substitute teaching at the high school... and he says he bought me something. For a split second I was imagining something to go along with our date until I recognized that guilty look on his face.

What did he buy? The something that he bought for "me" ... ?? ...

a chainsaw!!

I should have known!!

He was totally buttering me up!

The sad thing is... it totally worked. He got his parents to watch the kids tonight and took me out to eat at a restaurant I've been wanting to try... and then we went to Lowe's and bought wood because *drum roll* he's going to finally build me some shelves in the basement!

Only a country boy says to his woman "I bought you something today" and come to find out the "something" is a chainsaw!

Just another day on Schenewark Farm :)

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips